Here's where I give you an idea of how I work and what I charge per service type.
If you only read one page on this site, it should probably be this one.
I view therapy as a collaborative process, where you and I work together to define your treatment goals and explore the issues you identify that are of concern to you. I work hard to create a safe, supportive environment where you can share your experience, elicit feedback, and work towards change. I work from a psychodynamic perspective, but use integrative interventions. Some of the elements of my treatment approach include:
- Developing a strong therapeutic relationship with clients so that they can feel safe exploring personal issues that may be difficult for them to discuss.
- Assisting clients in gaining a deeper understanding of themselves, which can help facilitate more satisfying interpersonal relationships (romantic, platonic, and familial).
- Assisting clients in identifying personal and emotional resources that currently exist in their lives that are supportive and helpful to the changes they are wanting to make.
- Assisting clients in identifying specific and concrete changes that can address their issues of concern.
I encourage all clients to set up a first session with a few different therapists, so that they can determine who might be the best match. Because of this, I offer a free 30-minute phone consultation prior to your first appointment. During this time, we can assess whether I am the best fit for you, or whether a referral to another provider would be more appropriate for your needs.
INITIAL INTAKE SESSIONS:
60-minute Individual initial intake session – $185.00
90-minute Family/Couple initial intake session – $275.00
50-minute session* – $155.00
60-minute session – $185.00
90-minute session – $275.00
2-hour couples session – $370.00
* 50-minute sessions are for individuals only and not for couples or families.
I do not file with insurance, but can provide you with a monthly statement that includes all of the information you may need to file with your insurance company for reimbursement. Because all insurance plans vary, you should contact your insurance company directly prior to seeing me, to determine your coverage benefits for out-of-network behavioral health providers. Your insurance carrier will be able to inform you about whether or not your sessions will be covered, what percentage will be covered, and their procedures for reimbursement.
If you are planning to submit a claim to your insurance for reimbursement, please let me know so that we can discuss what this option entails.
Payment is collected at the end of each session. I accept cash, checks and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover). I can also accept your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flex Account medical expense credit card, as long as it is one of the aforementioned card types.